help make a difference today
By making a donation to the Jackson Area Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependency, you are helping a person get a second chance. You are helping a mother or father to reunite with their spouse and their children, you are helping a son or daughter reconnect with their parents and siblings, you are helping a friend, an aunt or uncle, restart their life. In the state of Tennessee, children face adverse childhood experience (ACEs) when they have parents who struggle with addiction. About 50% of children are placed in custody as a result of having addicted parents, according to the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (TDMHSAS). Your donation could help keep families together and children out of the foster care system.
There has been an increase over the past seven years of 132% of medical emergencies resulting from drug abuse. In fact, more that 29% of emergency room admissions are opioid involved in the state of Tennessee. Together, we can help bring that number down by helping to provide treatment for men and women.
- Provides over 48,000 meals for clients and homeless annually
- Provides inpatient treatment for 500 men & women annually
- Provides prevention life skills education for at-risk youth using the Positive Action Evidenced Based Program
- Provides education, screening & treatment for D.U.I. offenders using the Prime For Life Evidenced Based Program
- Provides education & referral for underage offenders
- Provides employment & pre-employment drug screening
- Provides job placement & vocational rehabilitation services
- Provides a 35 bed men’s transitional living facility
- Provides a 7 bed women’s transitional facility
- Provides housing for 12 homeless women
- Provides housing for 12 homeless men
- Provides preferential treatment for pregnant mothers and IV drug users
- Provides intensive outpatient counseling services
- Responds to over 3200 inquiries for services annually
- Serves the whole family through weekly family group counseling
JACOA's policy on refunds for any services rendered are looked at on a case by case basis.